Eighth grade shop is a one-semester class that will focus on the use of safety principles and the use of math in shop. By the end of the semester, a student should be able to draw, design and construct projects, be familiar with tools and power machines and assemble projects with glue, nails and screws to complete their designs. Students will investigate chart mapping and motor repair. Students will critique their project, listen to constructive opinions about design from others and teacher to improve each project as they progress.
1. Follow directions the first time they are give
3. No Running & Horseplay. Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
4. Be to class ON TIME and PREPARED with Pencil-Ruler & Notebook.
5. Stay in YOUR assigned seat & table unless given permission to move.
6. Use time wisely. Respect others at all times.
7. ALWAYS clean up after yourself during & at the end of class.
I will be asking students to bring home their shop work after it is graded. I take digital pictures of their shop work upon completion. I would like for you to take the time to review their project with them. Remember to ask questions when viewing his/her work. (What did you learn from this? What does it mean?") Encourage your child to talk about shop projects at home.
I will have the shop open after school Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for students to make up work or work on projects. I will announce the starting date as the students begin to work in the shop.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing and meeting you.
Schoenbar Middle School
217 Schoenbar Road
Ketchikan , AK 99901
Mission Statement or other text